Highlights of recent 2016 statistics from the Canadian Real Estate Association:
- National home sales rose by 0.8% from January to February.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 18.7% compared to February 2015.
- The number of newly listed homes edged up by 0.5% from January to February.
- The Canadian housing market has tightened but remains balanced overall.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 8.5% year-over-year in February.
- The national average sale price rose 16.4% on a year-over-year basis in February; excluding British Columbia and Ontario, it declined by 1.4%.